China Doll Costume

Wednesday 30 November 2011

No One's Code

Hey,

I just wanted to share a little bit about a short film that I was cast in , that was centered around the issue of human rights and will premeire at the Human Rights Festival next week.
I  was extremely excited to be cast because I have such little experience performing to a camera which is all changing now though!
Titled "No -Ones code, it is a take of 1984 in some ways, all of the characters have no individual identity, they all wear the same colour clothes and are all considered as just workers, not real people. There is definitely a sense of being afraid and just doing what the Government tells you to because you are scared of what could happen to you or your family. Eventually, two of the characters are close to breaking free of their rigid lifestyle but will they be able to and what consequences await them if they do. It is highly deep and emotional writing. I was cast as Worker 5 and shooting was very enjoyable. Less pressure than if it were a stage show but on set, you do tend to make friends quite easily and it ends up being an enjoyable day's filming. I cannot wait for it to premiere and I just hope that we did the tense subject justice, I also find that my love for being in front of the camera is increasingly growing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment