China Doll Costume

Sunday 28 February 2010

Gap Year / Travel plans

Hey again,
Well, I had my tech rehearsal on Thursday and it went pretty good. It was one of those completely crazy days when you feel so stressed, yet excited and happy all at the same time!! Got the performance next wednesday so looking forward to that and cannot wait to show off what me and my group can do!!!
Enough of the theatre and drama talk. There is one other thing that I have always also been very interested in and passionate about doing and that is TRAVELLING. I can remember ever since I was a little kid, always wanting to go to another world and wishing that the magicial wardobe to Narnia did actually exist - Silly I know, but thats what you get from watching doctor who & star wars?? Where other worlds and planets are just a stones throw away. Anyways ( moving on from my embarassing children's tv choices) , I plan to take my gap yr and go travelling after I graduate from University before entering into the world of work. It's just that I don't wanna go directly from studying all these years to having to enter the big, scary world of work so am gonna take a break and do what i've always dreamed of doing ( So excited already and still have 2 yrs to wait). Even though I'm planning on taking this big trip, I have travelled to some interesting places in the past and even though they were not abroad, they were still so amazing so am gonna share some of my previous adventures on this blog.
The 1st trip I'm gonna share has got to be when I went to Stratford Upon Avon with my friend Becky. We went for 2 days and it was so good. We initally went for the historical aspect with it being Shakespeare's birthplace and all but the shops were just as good. Now because me and Becky are so unique, we decided to go when it was snowing so very cold and slippery roads were something that we aquired quite a lot - But thankfully it didn't make it any less fun!!  We stayed in a travelodge which I have to admit was actually quite nice, I don't know what I was expecting it to be like but it was actually quite comfortable. So by going to a historical place, of course we went to all the historical houses like the Shakespeare Musuem, Anne Hathaways house and even Shakespeare's grave - It was actually much more interesting than it sounds!! I think, the best thing I loved about Stratford was the fact that it is such an old town so it had all the little country-like buildings that you don't really see anymore so being there kinda felt like going back in time. I think it is a journey that I will remember forever as me and my friend had such a nice time and it is a place that i had always wanted to go to. Now, going to put up a couple of pictures that are my personal favourites so you can see just how fun it really was!!!
This is me posing outside William Shakespeare's house. Its located in the centre of the town so it's really hard to miss. Just by my clothing, you can guess how cold it was down there.


Another picture of me posing inside a funny tree / bush thing. At the time, we were not actually sure what was the point of this decorative tree design but it looked quite weird so we decided to go and take pictures inside of it.


This picure I managed to take on a very fast moving train. I was totally excited at this point and wanted to take a picture of all the snow in the fields to show my family. It might seem kinda sad but I like to look and take pictures of the snow - I hate being outside in it because I tend to fall over quite a bit but I dont mind the snow if i'm inside and warm and this picture I thought kinda demonstrated that feeling.

Well, that's all I really have to say about my little outing to Stratford Upon Avon but I'll write soon about my many other adventures including a mother-daughter bonding trip to Disneyland Paris and a mini friend's outing to the lovely London Zoo. Back soon..  

No comments:

Post a Comment