China Doll Costume

Thursday 26 January 2012

Richmond Theatre Young Company

Just a brief update on an exciting new project that I am involved in, I am a member of the brand new Richmond Young Company which is a part of the historic Richmond Theatre and I am having so much fun with it. The company is made up of 16-25 year olds, we have 4 masterclasses with professional actors and directors in the business, then we have rehearsals up until the end of July when we perform on the Richmond Theatre stage to family,friends and general members of the public.


The above pictures are shots of the exterior of the theatre and inside the auditiorim which just show how classically beautiful it is and some very talented performers have acted on this stage, so for me to be able to follow in their footsteps makes me very happy.
We are currently just getting started in the rehearsal phrase of the process, our opening performance will be near the end of July 2012, although I believe that it is in the same week as a certain Olympic performance so lets just say , that week could very well be the end of me :)
What I love about being a part of this company, is that after our 1st show, we are given the opportunity to work with another director and create a whole new piece to be seen late Autumn. The amount of time I am going to be spending with professionals in the industry is a great chance to show off and get recognised :)
Having already started in rehearsals, I have met a lot of great people and I can tell that our show is going to be amazing...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment